Friday, December 7, 2012

Ranking the December 2012 Movie Releases

It's the holiday season which, for me, means it's time to watch movies until my eyes bleed. I'm so excited about the December movie season that I've created a list of ranking each movie coming out this month, in order of best to worst, so you know how to best spend your holiday viewing time. Here you go.*

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Somehow they turned a 320 page book into the movies. I sort of don't care because Martin Freeman is going to own the role of Bilbo Baggins. The book itself is sort of anti-climatic but I know Peter Jackson will find a way to make each movie great.

Les Misérables: I know it's cliché but this is my favorite musical ever, probably. It's between this and Sweeny Todd. Anyway, the previews are heartbreaking and I can't wait to see it. Read Josh's post here to watch a bunch of stuff about it.

Django Unchained: There's nothing like Christmas and Tarantino.

This is 40: I love Paul Rudd. Like in a manly, I-wish-I-were-him, comedy-idol sort of way. It's an unnecessary sequel thing but I bet there's enough laughs in it to chase the winter depression away for a few hours.

Monsters Inc (in 3D): I cry every time. Every time. "Kitty!"

Jack Reacher: It was a real "reach" to release a movie where Tom Cruise plays Jason Bourne and "jacks" the bad guys up and makes things explode. We've seen it all before but it still might be fun.

The Guilt Trip: Seth Rogen and Streisand. Road trip. Ugh. My wife thinks this looks good. I'll see it with her if we've exhausted all other options except the ones below.

Parental Guidance: Billy Crystal? I thought he died after hosting the Oscars last year. That was last year, right?

Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away (in 3D): I don't even know why this is on here. To me, if you can't see this live, why would you watch it?

Playing for Keeps: Dear Gerard Butler, please go away.

How about you? What would your list look like?

*I have not included those films marked Limited Release because I live in a place where those movies rarely play. 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...