Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I HATE egg NOG!

This letter is in response to my colleague's disgusting post yesterday.   




KEN!

Pull yourself together, of all the delicious things you can stuff in your face at Christmas time, you are going to waste waist space with the glue secreted from overripe boiled eggs?!  I know we are all on the same team here at Part Time Authors, but this is where I draw the line. I mean, you can have your intensive Shark posts and your Vinyl Apostasy posts and I have to support you, but this mug of puss you dashed with cinnamon that you have me looking at first thing this morning has ruined my day...and my life. 

WHO EVEN INVENTED EGG NOG?!

Wikipedia: The origins, etymology, and the ingredients used to make the original eggnog drink are debated. Eggnog may have originated in East AngliaEngland; or it may have simply developed from posset, a medieval European beverage made with hot milk.[1] The "nog" part of its name may stem from the word noggin, a Middle English term for a small, carved wooden mug used to serve alcohol.[1]


Don't mind the  numbers in the brackets; they mean nothing here.


Blah, well who cares?!  Every year I see people I know swilling this glop...Wait, no, I don't even have to make up gross words because the people who invented it only could come up with the word 'NOG' to describe it. Is there anything else in the whole wide world called a 'NOG'?!

Wikipedia:

Oh whatever!  SO there are lots of NOG's... big effing deal.  It still doesn't change the fact that every year I see grown people, with no forcible provocation, under their own decision and control, fill some dumb novelty mug with this flobbergoxing drag and dump it into their own gob with some glee fetched smile all the while knowing they just swallowed toxic funk, whose only reason for existing is to be so potent and putrid that it masks the soiled stinging taste of Rum.  And somehow the baby Jesus got saddled with it.

Well, enjoy your holiday.  While you're at it why not have a nice cup o' fecal juice to wash the taste out of your mouth! At least your father had the sense to verbally set you straight on the matter; however, he was far too soft on you. Were I your father, I would echo Shakespeare when he was talking about the Nog of an Egg:

'How tender 'tis to love the babe that Noggs me:

I would, while it was smiling in my face,
Have pluck'd my nipple from his boneless gums,
And dash'd the brains out, had I so sworn as you
Have done to this.' *

Take that Wikipedia! What do you have to say for yourself now?!



Plagiarism is defined in dictionaries as the "wrongful appropriation," "close imitation," or "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions," and the representation of them as one's own original work,[1][2] but the notion remains problematic with nebulous boundaries.[3][4][5][6] The modern concept of plagiarism as immoral and originality as an ideal emerged in Europe only in the 18th century, particularly with the Romantic movement, while in the previous centuries authors and artists were encouraged to "copy the masters as closely as possible" and avoid "unnecessary invention."[7][8][9][10][11][12]









*Don't ask me why your father breast fed you as a baby and why he had eggnog spilling from those breasts...it's Shakespeare, and therefore proves my point. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...