Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Week of my Dreams...

You know I love podcasts. And one of my favorites lately is NPR's How To Do Everything. It's basically 2 really funny guys, who talk about completely random and unrelated things for 30 minutes. There are no themes. And if the hosts weren't funny and charming it totally wouldn't work.

Last Friday, part of their show was interviewing a guy who developed Ice Cream flavors for Ben and Jerry's. They asked him if he had ever made a flavor that just totally bombed and he told about a flavor that he made that was called "Rosemary's Baby." (Already I'm in.) It was a rosemary infused cream ice cream with a rosemary tea cookie crumble and an apricot swirl. He said he thought it was the best ice cream he'd ever had, but it was a total bomb and was never put into production. Obviously this man is a genius and everyone else that works at Ben and Jerry's are fools. I want that ice cream every day of my life.

The other thing he revealed is that when you work at Ben and Jerry's, one of the benefits is that you were allowed to take home 3 pints of Ice Cream PER DAY.














Did that sink in? Do you need me to repeat that? 3 free pints PER DAY. EVERY DAY YOU WORK. When I head this, I immediately pulled off the freeway, stopped my car, got out and knelt on the ground and tried to take deep, cleansing breaths to clear my head. All I could think of was 3 free pints of Ben and Jerry's a day and my body was unable to focus on driving my car safely.

I thought about it a lot since then. And I've prayed about it. And I want to let you know that I have come up with my list of what I would take home my first week.


  • Monday - The classics: Phish Food, Mint Chocolate Cookie, Cherry Garcia (for Amy.)
  • Tuesday - Going Crazy: Late Night Snack (it has chocolate covered potato chips,) What a Cluster (marshmallow, peanut butter, clusters, you hear me?) and Oatmeal Cookie Chunk
  • Wednesday -A mid week refresher. Keeping it light with: Banana Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt, Pineapple Passion fruit, Mango Mango Sorbet.
  • Thursday - Classic Desserts: Cannoli, Red Velvet Cake, Peach Cobbler
  • Friday - Everything else: Cinnamon Bun, Pina Colada, Pistachio pistachio
So now I've finished my first week at Ben and Jerry's and I weigh 1000 pounds. At least he mentioned that they have an on site gym. I'm going to need it.

Did I miss anything? Did I hit all your faves? What would you eat if you worked at Ben and Jerry's for a week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...