Thursday, June 20, 2013

Here's where I am today


I'm now sitting in a motel in Moab, UT with my wife and daughter who have been here since Tuesday. I composed this using the Blogger app for iPad and cant figure out how to schdule it for Friday morning so, here you are. Better to be early I guess?

Driving 3 hours by myself today reminded me of my single-ness when I would just leave town on my own for the weekend with a CD case full of my favorite driving music, a sleeping bag, and just drive. I always had to have some combination of the following CDs:

Tom Petty - Wildflower
Wilco - Summerteeth or Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Son Volt - Trace or Wide Swing Tremolo
Paul Simon - Graceland
U2 - Joshua Tree
Sinead O'Connor - I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got
Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey
Bruce Springsteen - The Rising or Tunnel of Love
Weezer - The Green Album or Maladroit
Neutral Milk Hotel - In an Aeroplane Over the Sea
Ryan Adams - Gold
Whiskeytown - Pneumonia
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
The Sundays - Static and Silence
Jethro Tull - This Was or Stand Up
Led Zeppelin - II or Houses of the Holy
The Beatles - Abbey Road

There are others that are great but these were my Go To selections.

Sometimes I had friends to see at the end of my travels, sometimes I didn't have a plan at all. I miss things about that but I have to admit that seeing my wife and daughter at the end of this little road trip made me very happy. 

We've made it a goal, now that the kids are a little older, to be more adventurous because, at our core, that's who we are and we've been neglecting that part for too long. Feels good to get away and reset. Besides, my CDs are collecting dust.

How about you? Ay road trippers out there? What's the best road trip music?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...