Monday, April 29, 2013

Performing Stand Up, Sitting Down



A couple of days ago, over on my personal blog, I announced that my wife, Katie, and I are expecting another baby! For those of you keeping score at home, that’s Babies: 8, Marbles Left Rolling in My Head: 1.

We are super excited! It’s kind of the only thing that’s been on our minds the last few days. But rather than repost the story on PTA (you can read it here, instead), I thought I would present for your viewing pleasure a video of Katie, 8 months pregnant, performing stand-up comedy about the joys of pregnancy.

This was two years ago, when she was very pregnant with our youngest, Lucy. It was my 40th Birthday Party.  And after years making me laugh at her witty observations about pregnancy (I’m 72% sure her observations were supposed to make me laugh; she may have been expressing frustrations, in which case I owe her a huge apology), I asked if she would do stand-up at my birthday party. She had never done it. She didn't want to do it. But before an intimate group of friends, she did it. And I think she was fantastic. She is currently available for booking but you only have about 6 months to schedule her for your holiday parties before touring season is over and baby season arrives.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...