Friday, September 6, 2013

My high school journal part 2

In my 11th grade English class in 1988, we were required to keep a journal. Sometimes we had assigned topics. Other times it was open. Here, for your reading pleasure, are some of those journal entries with grammar, spelling, and stupidity left alone. Kevin Arnold, from the Wonder Years, I was not. Check out the first installment here.

3-9-88 The person I would most like to meet

"I don't really know who I'd like to meet. I have a lot of famous people that I wouldn't mind meeting but if I could meet anyone it would be Christ. He seems like a great guy to get to know. He was so knowledgable and good. I need a good influence in my life like him. He loved everyone and was the most perfect human to my belief, Yes, that's who I would like to meet in person."

3-17-88 Irritants

"The kinds of people that irritate me the most are fake people. The kind of people who just go around saying "Hi", like drones. They just need their reputations thats all. Anything to keep them popular. I also hate the groupies. They stay in their little groups all day like fish. They won't waste their time to meet people. But, hey! If you just happen to start pulling in money they start kissing up to you. They want you to be a groupie. That's what I hate, fakes and groupies. The two go together except the fakes say "Hi" to other people instead of just never acknowledging the unknowns like the groupies."

3-23-88 Re-design

"If I could re-design myself I'd make myself 2 inches higher, 30 lbs heavier [Author's note: I was maybe 140 lbs here] and I wouldn't get pimples. Well, maybe 3 a month. I'd make myself quicker, faster, and more coordinated. I'd have a more forward personality to people I didn't know and my brain would be able to get its priorities in order. My relationship capacity would be longer ... I would like to be nicer, hadsomer and have a good personality."

3-31-88 Open topic

"It's an open topic huh. Well I'll be so open I won't know what to say. Wow it worked! I don't know at all what to say. Luckily I only have a few seconds left. ... So, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1."

5-27-88 Last full Friday

"The last full-day Friday of the year. I'm worried about failing my History, Drafting, and Accounting class. [Author's note: I am 99% sure I failed that accounting class.] I hope that I will pull through. Mr. Downs won't fail me though. Will ya Mr. D."

There you go. The mind of 16 year-old Brett. Remember, Like us on Facebook and leave a comment there or ideas for future posts or topics. Have a great weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...