Monday, July 29, 2013

Summer Jams


I did not post earlier today because my family and I are at a Family Reunion with my parents and all my siblings and their spouses and all of our kids. That's 50 cousins. We've been out at the lake all day today and now we are home and everything - our minds, our skin, and our patience levels - are fried. It was a great day. 

We roadtripped it for this family reunion, and that, of course, required a Summer Mix on the ol' iPod. Truth be known, that mix was made a couple of months ago. I totally make seasonal iPod mixes. I make them for summer, autumn, and Christmas. But nothing for January through May, because that would just be obnoxious. Amirite? Wayyyy overboard. Reign it in there, Charles McMusic. 

So, we are at the end of July and well into summer, folks. May I ask what's on your summer play mix? We always create a mix of some current jams as well as classics, oldies (80's), and real oldies. And we'll throw most stuff if there that has "summer" in the title. But not everything that says "summer." (I'm looking in your direction, Richard Marx, with your Endless Summer Nights and your whatnot.) And don't you have memories of summers growing up - and there are songs that totally remind you of that summer, and even though they don't really have anything to do with summer, you kind of want to listen to them and include them in your mix? GO AHEAD! This is America! You can do it! 

Here is a sampling from our mix. Keep in mind, there are almost 10 of us in the car. Two adults plus kids ranging from 16 to 2. Everybody has an opinion. But these are ones we can agree on. 

Craigs 2013 Summer Play List
Summertime - The Sundays
Strawberry Swing - Coldplay
On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons
Rain in the Summertime - The Alarm
Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince (Mostly because Katie knows all the words and it's adorable to watch her sing it.)
These Are Days - 10,000 Maniacs
A Summer Song - Chad & Jeremy
Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters
Surfin' Safari - The Beach Boys
California Girls - The Beach Boys

What am I missin', friends? Shout 'em out. I'll write them down. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...