Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Another Brother Post!

 Alright, so I'm back from my sexy vacation and I've been thinking about something, and that is I've been thinking about twins.
  


 While we were staying in a super cool hotel in Vegas my younger brother texted me an untrasound of two growing babies, implying that he was having twins.




So we go back and forth about the likelihood of him lying (super likely) and then it hits me...he's having twins!! Now, as you may or may not know, my wife and I are unable to conger up babies of our own, which is just fine with us, the way that 'Normals' do it takes a real long time and in the end the child only has the option of coming out looking like some variation of either you or the other party, although on the plus side, your insurance will gladly jump in and help out with the bill.  The way we do it happens really fast...well, a long long time then really fast, and the baby comes out looking like...well, could be anyone!





 So my bother, he's having twins, (I might take this moment to also congratulate him on the son he had 6 months ago) and he's really excited, his wife is really excited and I am really excited! I mean there is something Divine (capital 'D') about them.  I mean, what the double hockey sticks?! You think your having a baby then Ka-Blam-O another.   






What this all really means is that my Mother is getting 6 new grandchildren in twelve months, half of which are coming from my younger brother...and his wife, of course. She, as expected, is over the moon.


 


So I did a little research for this post, because I am an Author albeit part time, and I found a few facts for you all about this amazing  wonder of child birth.  First: did you know that twins can celebrate their twinning in Twinsberg, Ohio?! It's true.  If you or your children are twins, you can head to this city in Ohio to celebrate the Twins Days Festival. You'll be amid a sea of look-alikes, with twins, triplets and multiples from all over the nation converging on this town to celebrate being a twin.





27lbs and 12oz is the heaviest combined birth weight of any set of twins: if you think it would be rough to carry around and deliver one 14-pound baby, then imagine doing it with two. That's just what happened in this case, the largest twin birth on record. Of course, it doesn't hold a candle to the largest singleton birth weight of 23 pounds.



While most people are only familiar with identical and fraternal twins, there are actually 7 different types of twins. They are: identical, fraternal, half-identical, mirror image twins, mixed chromosome twins, superfecundation, and superfetation. Those other than identical and fraternal can be quite rare.




 So I do have a set of twin cousins on my fathers side, but other then them I didn't really know any twins growing up.  I do have a set of super stylish and beautiful twins that work at my store, well only one works at the store but I know they swap places when I close just to be smarter then I am. Which most twins think they are smarter then you.  And maybe they are?!  My mom's boss, who is from New Zealand told her that they believe that twins are magic.  "Like, good magic or bad magic?" She asked. "Very good magic." He answered.  I'm sure that is true, how could it not be, if ever there was magic brewing in our family it's what's cooking over in my Sister-in-Laws belly right now.


This one goes out to Chris and Steph:  Longtime readers and subscribers to Part Time Authors.




**Come on Big Business!! Don't bother going over to Netflix, it's not there.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...