Wednesday, November 14, 2012

no thanks


Well, the rumors are true. I have a canker sore! I'm not interested in trying to deny it. The canker sore is located on the inside of my lip, right where my incisors are. I don't get external canker sores (thank goodness) only internal. But in some ways that complicates everything, because then people don't know that I have a canker sore unless I actually tell them. I try not to make a big deal about disabilities, but I think people should know about them. I think I'm as handi-capable as the next guy, but I'm not beyond accepting help from others in my times of need. I really do not enjoy having canker sores!

I have been trying to figure out where the canker sore came from. Here are some ideas:

1. Too much popcorn.
2. Using bad language.
3. Gingivitis (?)

Does everyone get them? Sometimes I think I'm predisposed to getting them. (As payment for not getting acne or external canker sores - suckas!) But it doesn't really matter. I have one, and it's going nowhere fast!

It's really hard to be thankful for anything this time of year when you are suffering from a canker sore. It really does occupy your thoughts a lot. And the more you think about it, the more pain you notice, and the slower the healing process. It's a vicious cycle. I want to help people, and I want to go give food at the shelter and be one of those really Christian Thanksgivers, but I'm busy thinking about ways to get rid of my canker sore. Any suggestions? (And don't suggest menthols or salves. Tried them!)

I feel bad for Mitt Romney more than ever. Because he really wanted to be the President and it just didn't happen. He worked super hard, and now he has to spend his entire life being the guy who was almost the President. It's his cross to bear, and I identify with anyone with a cross to bear and probably will until this canker dries up. I guess my consolation is that at least I know that my canker sore will go away, while Mitt will never be the President.

Anyway, happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your mashed potatoes and yams and cranberry pie. I'm sure I would, too, if only it didn't hurt so much to eat. Pass the water jug!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...