Friday, August 24, 2012

This Will Make You Feel Better About Yourself

Last weekend my wife and kids went to Moab without me. I'm in a play right now and wasn't able to go with them because of that and some other commitments. So, I sent them away as I waved from the driveway, knowing they'd have fun and that I'd be alone.

There's a lot I could have done with my alone time. I could have gone to some movies in a theater, taken a shot at making our crap yard look a little better, hung out in my underwear, visited friends and family in the area, or made the world better. I did not do those things.

Here is a list of what I did do last weekend from 2 p.m. Saturday until 11:30 p.m. Sunday night so you can feel better about yourself or envy me for how much media homework I got done.

  • Did one load of laundry and folded another.
  • Cleaned the kitchen.
  • Did the dishes.
  • Played Mortimer in Hale Center Theater Orem's production of Arsenic and Old Lace.
  • BBQ'd a bison steak.
  • Taught Primary.
  • Walked the dogs.
  • Convicted a shark of murder.
  • Watched the following films or TV shows on the television in my home:
    • The Werewolf of London
    • The Last Man on Earth
    • Season of the Witch
    • Film Noir Collection: Detour
    • 3 episodes of Breaking Bad
    • 2 episodes of Torchwood
    • 1 episode of Alphas
    • 3 episodes of Suits
    • 3 episodes of Falling Skies
    • (That's roughly 12.5 hours worth)
  • Played some FIFA 12, SvZ Def, and Lock n' Roll DX on my iPad
  • Took two naps.
  • Slept for 9 hours on Saturday night.
  • Checked Instagram regularly for photos of my family because I really really missed them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...